4.21.2012

27: Summer Resolutions!

Well, I got into the masters program I wanted and my final exam is on Wednesday. I want to spend this summer saving money/working and becoming a better version of me.




 

And to ensure that, I already have my ticket to Fiona's July concert.

There's a scene in the first episode of the second season of Miranda, "The New Me", where she says:

“I’m gonna be the kind of woman who, you know the kind of woman who just does that *shakes out hair* and their hair looks perfect. They then grab a homemade muffin out of their polka-dot biscuit tin and head to work wearing trainers at the bottom of a skirt suit to show off they’ve power-walked in. They have pot plants that don’t die on them. Their fruit bowl isn’t full of three week old rotting pears, because they actually eat the fruit. They have day bags, evening bags and a clutch. Y’know. They just grab a wheat-germ smoothie in-between work, because that’s enough to keep them going even though at lunch time they jogged and enjoyed it, because they don’t have flesh that moves independently to their main frame and finally they have easy access to pens to finish a crossword at the bar when the man they decided to take as a lover the night before says ‘hey, last night was great’. You know, I’ll be that kind of woman.”

Summer Resolutions!

1. Be Punctual!
2. Do not eat food that makes you sick/pass out (i.e. gluten!)
3. Do not go outside unless dressed like a fuctioning human!
4. Do physical activity! Become one of those healthy people you hear about in magazines.
5. Update blog regularly.


Generally, I just want to feel better. I'm sensitive to a lot of food and I get sick very often. I want to change that and while I'm at it, I should stop dressing in oversized hoodies and stop being late for everything. I feel like these are reasonable goals that will benefit me and everyone around me. Huzzah!

In a somehow related vein: why does poutine taste so much better than chilli cheese fries but photograph so much worse? I tried it for the first time the other day from Burger's Priest and was mega disapointed, but they looked so good. On the other hand, my poutine from Poutini's looks vile in photos, but was mega delicious. Oh Canada! 




Wish me luck!

(she says after posting photos of fries and while watching Laguna Beach season three, not even a good season)

2 comments: